In 2009 the City of Victor Harbor formed a Mainstreet Committee to advise Council on initiatives to revitalise the Mainstreet Precinct.
In 2012 the Victor Harbor Mainstreet Committee presented a five year action plan which was subsequently endorsed by Council. A key component of the action plan included the recruitment of a Mainstreet Coordinator. The inaugural Mainstreet Coordinator was appointed in January 2013.
On commencement of the position, the Mainstreet Committee was dissolved and the Coordinator began implementing the ratified action plan.
The role of the Mainstreet Precinct Coordinator is to engaged with traders, property owners and the community to aid in the development of a welcoming and vibrant Mainstreet Precinct.
Key responsibilities of the role are the following –
- Market and promote the Victor Harbor Mainstreet Precinct through initiation of the strategies outlined in the Victor Harbor Mainstreet Precinct Annual Business Plan;
- Identify funding opportunities that support Mainstreet activation;
- Identify and encourage cooperative opportunities between Mainstreet businesses;
- To be a primary point of contact for Mainstreet Precinct landlords;
- Facilitate and encourage networking and communication within the Mainstreet;
- Provide professional business advice to traders &
- Further develop and maintain communication initiatives with regard to Mainstreet Precinct activities and initiatives, including website, newsletters, database, etc.